[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Naming of SSN804
Posted by cw on November 19, 2020, 13:14:59
I missed the announcement when it was made on 10/13/20. This is q welcome reversion to the traditional naming convention. Naming submarines after States never made sense given the limited number of States. I don't like the current status where naming of a ship is left to the whim of a single person, even if that person is the Secretary of the Navy.
In case others missed it, the name chosen is USS Barb.
- Re: Naming of SSN804 - Mark November 22, 2020, 17:22:35
- Re: Naming of SSN804 - Craig Bennett November 22, 2020, 7:41:52
- But SecNav doesn't submit the names... - Mr. Sardonicus November 21, 2020, 7:33:14
- Re: Naming of SSN804, VOLADOR... - Mario (Moe) November 20, 2020, 19:02:24
- I like it,also like Arizona - Tojo72 November 20, 2020, 6:54:18
- Tang (805) and Wahoo (806) - Wade November 19, 2020, 20:22:46
- Fish. Or other ocean based Mammals. - John Sykes November 19, 2020, 16:13:47
- Re: Naming of SSN804 - Mike in Edmonton November 19, 2020, 16:07:34
SteelNavy.Com Home Page