[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
HMAS Canberra as at May 1942
Posted by Steve Millard on February 11, 2020, 3:01:21
HMAS Canberra completed her last wartime refit in May 1942 and she was apparently finished in a stark 507A, 507C and White camouflage scheme. Later she was repainted in Chicago Blue and was sunk in this scheme.
I wish to complete her in the 507A, 507C and White scheme, but have been unable to ascertain her deck finish. I tend to believe it was wood, rather than a dark grey paint colour, but have no definitive evidence to determine this. The area around/under her 4-inch guns is definitely wood as shown in a number of images of this area. Can anyone please confirm her deck colour finish
Further to this she was apparently fitted with at least six 20mm Oerlikens, but retained her single 4-inch HA mounts, but carried no pom-poms.
Is anyone able to provide the location, other than those 20mm on her turret tops, of these weapons.
- Thank you to all for taking your precious time to assist me. N/T - Steve Millard February 12, 2020, 0:59:39
- Not 507A/507C - dick February 11, 2020, 8:26:38
- Re: HMAS Canberra as at May 1942 - David February 11, 2020, 7:37:49
- I forgot to add the following info, - Brett Morrow February 11, 2020, 6:04:23
- Re: HMAS Canberra as at May 1942 - Brett Morrow February 11, 2020, 5:42:38
SteelNavy.Com Home Page