[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Re: The Widow Maker. n/t
B26 lady of ill repute, no visible means of support but had the last laugh as the lowest loss rate of all the medium bombers!
the F104 had a ridiculous loss rate due to a useless engine and downward firing ejector seat,[what idiot thought that up after a heavy liquid lunch?] the "joke" was that they built a graveyard at each end of the runways and just dropped a gravestone over the hole!
only at 1st til they knew how to correct that issue. was not the F-104 also called the Widow Maker especially by the West German airforce?
B-26 was a twin engine medium bomber. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_B-26_Marauder
There were B-26 too. A local guy in Gastonia, NC was KIA and received DSC.
if correct, just the B-17.
were stationed on Midway during the battle. Thanks
- V Force - Graham November 18, 2019, 0:15:17
- Re: The Widow Maker. n/t - Doug November 16, 2019, 14:07:04
- Re: The Widow Maker. n/t - anglo phil November 16, 2019, 12:49:41
- Re: The Widow Maker. n/t - Bob November 16, 2019, 11:55:26
- Useless Engine ? - Michael Davis November 16, 2019, 10:16:09
- Some get the reputation, some don't - Graham Boak November 16, 2019, 0:48:34
SteelNavy.Com Home Page