[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Re: Alex 1941
Posted by Jeff Spencer on September 14, 2019, 4:27:22, in reply to "Re: Alex 1941
What is the provenance of this information? Is there any proof the ship was actually painted as per specification? Is there any proof she was not repainted in another shade? I trust a trained artist with a sensitive eye for color to distinguish between a greenish gray and a bluish gray. Unless there is information available to absolutely verify MS4 was used, I will trust a 1941 painting done from life.
I checked the service history of Neptune. She arrived in Alexandria in July 1941. The caption is dead wrong about Malaya. She was with Force H at Gibralter from the end of 1940, and the port side camou pattern is that of Barham.
- Re: Alex 1941 - dick September 17, 2019, 0:36:01
- Re: Alex 1941 - Paul F September 14, 2019, 18:27:34
- Re: Alex 1941 - James Duff September 14, 2019, 7:44:06
- my error - Jeff Spencer September 16, 2019, 13:39:33
- Re: Alex 1941 - Jeff Spencer September 14, 2019, 5:11:14
SteelNavy.Com Home Page