Itís time to pull the buildings and grounds into shape after the long winter and you are invited to bring your enthusiasm, generosity and tools and GLOVES to help out. A lunch will be provided for volunteers and the day will be a satisfying, sociable and appreciated experience.
If you have noticed something that needs fixing, building or cleaning and would like to take on the task, check with Judith or another SNCA Director to make sure there are no conflicts with other plans and so that materials can be on hand.
Or choose a job from the list:
1. Cut up and remove/burn the cedar limbs behind the Quonset hut (chainsaw)
2. Scrub the algae off the bunk house decks (deck brush, or maybe you have a pressure washer?)
3. Buck up, split and stack the felled trees behind the school (chainsaws, axes, mauls, splitting wedges)
4. Install a faucet (in stock) in a kitchen sink (hole saw, plumbing tools)
5. Move garbage to freight shed ready for removal to the town dump, eg. bags & boxes of old VHS tapes, DVD player and a large TV (unless anyone wants to take it home before the day?), etc. (truck)
6. Cut down the folding tables to 3í wide, and re-affix/repair the legs. (Saw, screw drivers, screws, small bolts and nuts.)
7. Clean surfaces and vacuum in the bunkhouse
8. Clear brush and landscape around bunkhouse. Burn prunings. (sheers, secateurs, saws)
9. Prep and paint the plywood walls in the gym (sanding blocks and/or poles. plastic drop sheets; paint & rollers provided)
10. Teens: Clean the gym floor that they damaged and prep it for new finish coats
Hoping to see a good turnout - lots of work to do! The earlier we all get there, the better. it should be a good day.
« Back to index