I recently inherited some small loose gems from a friend's relative who passed away. She made jewelry as a hobby. The gems are still in their original boxes. The boxes state the name of the stone, its carat weight, and size. Most are lab created. Each box has a skew number on it, which I have been told probably means they were originally purchased from Jewlery television Jtv. Is there anyone within your circle of jewelry makers who might be interested in purchasing these gemstones from me? If so, how might I connect with them?
Below is a list of the gems I have right now with their size and carat weight. I will probably be receiving about 40 more stones. I've also included a picture of the gems.
Also, I'm really sad because I sold a 0.5 carat 6x5mm emerald to a jewelry maker here in Portland named Nick who works at a store called The Fossil Cartel. He convinced me that it was only worth $20. I was smoked wasn't I? Could anyone give me a hint as to how much a real Zambian emerald of that size and carat weight is worth? On-line information varies greatly and I can not afford access to the "Price Guide" which has a steep membership fee.
Thank you so much in advance!
* Lab grown Padparadscha sapphire red 6 CT Min 12x10mm
* Lab created Padparadscha sapphire orange 6.5 Ct min 12mm
* Ammolite triplet 14x10 mm dark green blue (most likely real)
* Lab created Paraiba Tour 5.0 Ct min 12mm bluish green
* Morganite .85 ct Avg 7x7mm light pinkish (most likely real)
* Tri Lab grown Blue Sapphire 3.5 ct 10mm
P.S. I have already reached out to and am waiting for a response from the following people and organizations:
* Portland Regional Gem and Mineral Show. (waiting for a response)
* Everett Rock Club (They are not interested).
* Mount Hood Rock Club (Directed me to CWFG)
* Columbia Willamette Faceters Guild. Presently communicating with Syulvia Lacroix.
* Tualatin Valley Rock and Gem Club (waiting for a response).
* Newberg Jewelry Studio and Supply (waiting for a response)
« Back to index