Flatwater Pawcatuck Trip, July 8th
Posted by Chuck Horbert on 7/7/2017, 6:26 pm
In case you are wondering, the trip scheduled for tomorrow is STILL ON! There is going to be a bit of instability tomorrow in the atmosphere, but the greatest chance for thunderstorms should remain north of us (for the Carolina area, there is only a 15% chance of precip) I like those odds, so I plan on going forward with the trip. |
Nevertheless, I will monitor the forecast and, in the event the forecast changes and I have to cancel, I will post a message tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 9:00 am.
This is a flatwater trip, but if you have not done this stretch before (Lower Shannock to Richmond Landing/Jay Cronin access) be advised that there is a short stretch of Class I rapids below Rte 112 that cannot be portaged. I expect the water to be high, so it should be straightforward, but there may be some big waves.
E-mail me if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.