Re: Did you grow any vegetables this year? How did they do? Archived Message
Posted by Sandi M in Chicagoland on September 21, 2020, 10:07 am, in reply to "Did you grow any vegetables this year? How did they do?"
N. ILLinois had a Tough growing season here we broke water records for two months along with a cold spring, then were in drought 2 months, while 2 hottest months ever. But, lots of tomatoes, yellow summer squash--tons, lots chard, cucumbers, and lettuce, no regular squash or zucchini, lots of peppers, small amount of broccoli-it bolted in JUNE when the heat hit, just getting heads now. |
But...we had 16 foot sunflowers and beans going up those and trellis' between them..
ME picking beans...
And this, the only pumpkin from 8 plants. One other boiled and rotted when it was small.
- Did you grow any vegetables this year? How did they do? - Doll Divas Inquiry September 20, 2020, 1:44 pm
- My did but a few hiccups. Squash skin to thick>>> - Theresa September 21, 2020, 11:50 am
- Re: Did you grow any vegetables this year? How did they do? - Sandi M in Chicagoland September 21, 2020, 10:07 am
- My trees have grown to much and block out the light, but I do have masses of Apples and Pears>> - Saucy Suwi September 21, 2020, 5:54 am
- There is a Pequin pepper bush in my backyard. I take care of it. I think the birds "planted" it . - Nilsa September 20, 2020, 8:38 pm
- Tried, but it was a lousy year. Had a few squash, tomatoes and cucumbers, some poblano peppers. - Kathy M. in CO September 20, 2020, 8:02 pm
- Cherry tomatoes and tried pumpkins but got nothing. - Gwenevere September 20, 2020, 7:04 pm
- I didn't but my sister did and she baked me a delicious zuccini bread! - Bridget September 20, 2020, 5:44 pm
- I grew tomatoes, which of course all ripen at once >>> - Susan September 20, 2020, 2:09 pm