Honestly in my opinion... > Archived Message
Posted by Taryn in FL on September 3, 2020, 8:50 am, in reply to "I'm quite confused.. Why are the poppy parker dolls so popular? "
Poppy was created to bridge that gap for collectors that loved the vintage/retro vibe of Barbie. Mattel has slacked for years with the barbie line, not listening to collectors and IT was like "Hold my Beer" basically. |
The doll is beautiful, well made, her retro clothes are well made, lined, and finished and they have a staff that understands fashion through the different eras.
The little storylines are cute, fun, and without the drama of the modern world.
You can look at the packaging of Style Lab clothing for Poppy and it just screams vintage/retro without the inflated price point dealers have put on threadbare garments of Barbies of that era.
-stepping down off my soapbox- I think Poppy's popularity will grow even more.
Thanks for listening to me ramble.
- I'm quite confused.. Why are the poppy parker dolls so popular? - Ryan September 2, 2020, 11:11 pm
- I was always a fan of Barbie's cousin Francie and her fashions so I enjoy Poppy as she's from>> - Talolili September 4, 2020, 10:54 pm
- Even though she would be older than me she still reminds me of when I was a kid. Or maybe me - Lori N. September 3, 2020, 3:18 pm
- I started out by collecting Misaki dolls and got into Poppy. They are beautiful dolls & photogenic. - KC September 3, 2020, 11:33 am
- Honestly in my opinion... > - Taryn in FL September 3, 2020, 8:50 am
- She's one of the most beautiful dolls on the market. She has a 60's and a contemporary vibe. - Queli September 3, 2020, 6:48 am
- They are super cute and I like super cute. Many FR are quite Haughty and disdainful but I like them> - Joanne September 3, 2020, 6:38 am