I am glad that more adults are opening up to the idea of playing with dolls
I played with dolls for a long time when I was young and then stopped when I became an adult. I gave myself "permission" to play with them again when I was in my late 20s. It isn't a question of mental health for me - it is simply something that I enjoy.
I kind of wish the piece focused on the joy of playing with dolls as an adult rather than making play be a factor for improving ones mental health. Of course, mental health is important, however, you don't need an actual reason to play with dolls as an adult beyond enjoyment.
Still, this angle may the gateway for more adults to give themselves permission to enjoy the hobby again (or for the first time).
- Great article on CNN about playing with dolls…. - Johanna in MD September 26, 2023, 1:22 pm
- Thanks for sharing, glad to know I'm mentally healthy...snort! - Sandi M in Chicagoland September 28, 2023, 5:22 pm
- At least some folks are getting what we knew all along! ;) - Kathy M. in CO September 27, 2023, 7:01 am
- Thanks for the link. - Queli September 27, 2023, 5:24 am
- I am glad that more adults are opening up to the idea of playing with dolls - Kim in IL September 26, 2023, 6:40 pm
- Thank you for sharing.will follow up. - Carine September 26, 2023, 4:46 pm
- Thank you for posting this article. I really enjoyed reading it! >>> - lovindollz September 26, 2023, 4:09 pm
- What a beautiful piece! I got teary-eyed. This is just what I was hoping would happen w/the movie> - Bridget September 26, 2023, 2:02 pm
« Back to index | View thread »