Giant heavy suede mittens from my Dad, who thought I might chop wood some day. >>
I love my Dad, now gone, but he did have a weakness for buying things from discount places, and giving the children (6, plus partners) things that were considered "useful" - big wool socks, huge mittens, and in one memorable case, gigantic fur covered mukluks for my younger sister, who I believe still has them to this day. To give him credit, Dad was spot-on with other gifts - books, music and calendars, as well as scarves and hats. So we appreciate the odd gifts that came along as well.
I miss him.
- What is the weirdest or worst gift you've ever gotten? - Doll Divas Inquiry December 6, 2022, 11:40 am
- (-: You guys are just cracking me up! :-) - Queli December 7, 2022, 8:47 pm
- Age 14 - regifted old fashioned talcum powder that had the card to the original recipient inside. - Shane in MA December 7, 2022, 11:54 am
- Giant heavy suede mittens from my Dad, who thought I might chop wood some day. >> - Steph in ma December 7, 2022, 11:53 am
- I do not even dare to say. In fear of getting booted off the board - Mieke December 7, 2022, 9:22 am
- A ladder - valmaxi December 6, 2022, 9:30 pm
- A tummy hiding bathing suit from hubby. What? He still lives but that suit is long gone. - Judie in Montreal December 6, 2022, 3:28 pm
- Size 10 mens slippers from my niece’s bf….I wear womens size 7 - Gwenevere December 6, 2022, 1:11 pm
« Back to index | View thread »