NDR: Best laid plans....
Posted by Donna L on September 20, 2022, 2:34 pm
After two and a half years of being incredibly careful, even doing the laundry at 2:00AM to avoid a crowded laundry room, I have COVID. The most frustrating thing of all is that both my friend Lee and I picked it up in the hospital! She has been there for 3 weeks while doctors deal with her newly diagnosed diabetes. I've spent every day with her in the hospital because she has chronic pain and mobility issues. The hospital is short-staffed and the staff that are there are overworked, so I have been able to help Lee with all the little things they don't have time for.
Friday evening an elderly gentleman with a bad cough was moved into her room. He coughed day and night for two days. The hospital tests all patients for COVID every Sunday evening. The elderly man's test came back positive - no great surprise! A couple hours later Lee's test results came back also positive. Yesterday I started feeling ill and this morning took a rapid test at home, which showed positive. What I can't understand is why someone with a bad cough wasn't tested before he was put in a room with another patient! Infuriating and frustrating.
- NDR: Best laid plans.... - Donna L September 20, 2022, 2:34 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- So sorry! It's like that old saying - "No good deed goes unpunished..." - parryphrase September 21, 2022, 10:32 pm
- That stinks. They really should be testing before mingling patients - Anika September 21, 2022, 12:20 pm
- Why do they do that? Take care of yourself. - Kathy M. in CO September 21, 2022, 6:44 am
- That's so bad of the hospital now they have 2 patents plus yourself with Covid! - Saucy Suwi September 21, 2022, 5:08 am
- So depressing. I hope you get well soon & acquire some immunity & lee gets out of hospital. - gwendollin September 20, 2022, 11:13 pm
- Sorry ... Please take care of your yourself. Your friend has something else to deal with. - Merce September 20, 2022, 9:17 pm
- Sorry to hear this. - maywong September 20, 2022, 6:50 pm
- Sorry about this. You are an incredible friend - Kim in IL September 20, 2022, 5:04 pm