...Poke weed poisonous?...
Mixed reviews on that. Better stay safe. It's said it's toxic when the stems start to turn purple (usually around 6-8" tall), but there's lots of people who say they eat it any time. Usually it's known for spring greens, but there's many who say then slice the stems and eat it like fried okra any old time. I say there's so much other edible stuff out there it's not worth the risk. THAT SAID, I did once taste my finger when I got some berry juice on it. It was quite pleasantly sweet.
- Another post!? Already!? - Paul in Warrensburg September 8, 2021, 4:07 pm
- Is the Poke weed poisonous? Just wondering! Great photos! - Sandi M in Chicagoland September 10, 2021, 9:12 am
- ...Poke weed poisonous?... - Paul in Warrensburg September 10, 2021, 10:20 am
- I'm on the side of the nap - Saucy Suwi September 9, 2021, 10:53 am
- They are into plants? I vote for the nap though. - Merce September 9, 2021, 8:24 am
- Beautiful plants! - Kim in IL September 8, 2021, 8:47 pm
- Pretty yellow flowers. - maywong September 8, 2021, 5:03 pm
« Back to index | View thread »