Cross posting: Needing advice for downsizing -- while still wanting to buy/buy/buy ...
Posted by Wil-P on July 30, 2021, 11:23 pm
After officially moving into my own home back in January, I'm finally and seriously dealing with SCORES of stored-away doll items that have accumulated during several decades of collecting. And it's beyond overwhelming.
I've got soooo many various-sized dolls, along with bins and bins of clothing/wigs/shoes/accessories/furniture/etc. to deal with. This is a 2-BR unit (with a bonus room), but there's only so much space.
I really need to make some difficult decisions, and I've been plugging away at the letting-go process along the way. But ... well, sometimes I just feel like the situation is hopeless. And it doesn't help that doll temptations continue to lure my prone-to-weakness self.
I've been setting aside dolls and other items that might attract potential-buyer attention, and a donation stack grows every day. I also recently sent a bunch of items to an eBay power seller for future auction listings. So some positive action is happening, but FAR more needs to occur.
I'm sure many of you have faced similar circumstances. What was YOUR strategy, and was it successful? I'd eventually like to embrace minimalism, but so far that's not remotely realistic.
- Cross posting: Needing advice for downsizing -- while still wanting to buy/buy/buy ... - Wil-P July 30, 2021, 11:23 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- I cleared out my collection a number of years ago, & it was tough. - Marna July 31, 2021, 1:24 pm
- You're ahead of me, Wil! Sounds like a good plan ;-) - Karon in VA July 31, 2021, 10:43 am
- Only keep what gives you JOY and not for any other reason. - Sandi M in Chicagoland July 31, 2021, 9:17 am
- My sister helped me in a downsizing binge - Paul in Warrensburg July 31, 2021, 9:14 am
- Sounds like you are making progress ( M ) - Kathy M. in CO July 31, 2021, 6:12 am