Audrey's new eyelashes (not theme)
Posted by Marna on July 23, 2021, 9:39 pm
Well, over the years, Audrey's hair has been breaking off. It was manageable for a long time, but the last time I took her out to redress her, it all started breaking off in clumps & eventually pretty much all broke off. I realized I was going to have to reroot her, so I removed the last of her hair, scrapped out the inside, turned her over, & realized her rooted eyelashes were gone. Since I never went near them, I assume they were connected to the hair on her head & they got pulled out when I removed her hair. This did not make me happy. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that everyone in the western half of the US didn't hear me when I realized her eyelashes were gone.
I've never roorted eyelashes, I didn't want to root eyelashes, but the only replacement I can find for her is $750.00, which is more than I would spend, so rerooting it is. I may trim them up a little more, but I have to be careful not to keep cutting them until they're gone, which would be bad.
Next up, trying to reproduce her original haircut which should be fun (and I mean "fun" in the same way I mean "I would like to poke myself in the eye with something sharp") Who knows what she's going to end up looking like?
I hate Sekiguchi.
- Audrey's new eyelashes (not theme) - Marna July 23, 2021, 9:39 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- "FUN" .... yea, I hear ya! Well, you made the aggravation sound funny ;-) - Karon in VA July 25, 2021, 3:45 pm
- Your posting is very informative and funny. She's loooking great and will be better than before! - Sandi M in Chicagoland July 25, 2021, 11:31 am
- I did a great job. - maywong July 24, 2021, 2:43 pm
- Thanks? - Marna July 24, 2021, 3:33 pm
- You did an awesome job on the lashes! I'm scared to look at my Audrey, but feel I must... - Steph in ma July 24, 2021, 7:27 am
- I admire you. And I am getting scared how I will find my NRFB dolls, when I will finally > - Mieke July 24, 2021, 6:20 am
- Well, the good news is the eye lashes look good! - Saucy Suwi July 24, 2021, 5:39 am
- Eyelashes look good. I would wait to trim till you are done with the reroot. ( m ) - Kathy M. in CO July 24, 2021, 5:24 am
- Bummer :-( - Queli July 23, 2021, 9:54 pm