Non theme, a happy fin makeover
Posted by Kathy M. in CO on July 17, 2021, 6:12 am
I took a chance last week and picked up these dolls from a local online auction. I was worried that they might have issues as both dolls had "earrings" in, and there was no description about condition, but for $12 I was OK.
When I got them home, the earrings turned out to be pins and apparently stainless, as there was no green in sight!! I spent some time working on the swirl. It took quite a while to tease out the original rubber bands, and a bit longer to give a thorough scrub and retie the hair. I did a quick lash ridge touchup, and I still need to do a bit for a small lip rub. I may still put in a hard curl. I hated to mess up the original one, but it was the only way to redo the hair. I am happy with how she came out. I am still working on the TnT and will post pix when she is done.
Love it when a bargain turns out this well. Doing a happy dance.
Kathy M. in CO
- Non theme, a happy fin makeover - Kathy M. in CO July 17, 2021, 6:12 am
« Back to index | View thread »
- She looks fabulous! - lovindollz July 18, 2021, 1:14 pm
- You did a great job. - maywong July 18, 2021, 4:34 am
- Amazing, really, how well she has endured for nearly 60 years. - gwendollin July 17, 2021, 8:32 pm
- What a fantastic treasure! - robyne523 July 17, 2021, 5:42 pm
- She looks great, Kathy! She's a new woman! - Donna L July 17, 2021, 12:50 pm
- I am happy dancing with you. Great price and she is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the TNT. Thanks! - trish at dollymall July 17, 2021, 11:54 am
- Wow! You were really lucky. Really like the makeover. - Donna In OR July 17, 2021, 11:19 am
- Oh, she cleaned up great!!! - Sandi M in Chicagoland July 17, 2021, 10:11 am
- She looks beautiful! - Saucy Suwi July 17, 2021, 8:14 am
- Sheesh, that should be find! - Kathy M. in CO July 17, 2021, 6:12 am