Posted by Saucy Suwi on July 13, 2021, 9:43 am
Went to see my cousin on Saturday. She not doing to bad having very bad headaches (but none while I was there). She's on a lot of medications is a little shaky and a bit of a wobble. My mum still blames my aunt and I guess in a way she's right. My aunt was a life long smoker so Clare smoked. The lung cancer was bad enough and she would have just a couple of years. Clare was diagnosed in October 2020. In May she was in hospital for 8 weeks while they tried to find an antibiotic for an infection. Then a couple of weeks ago from no where the cancer had got into her lungs and brain. No she has only weeks to live. I'm hoping I will get to see her again but we did say or goodbyes on Saturday (just in case). She wants to spend what time she has with her partner now husband as they got married last week. This was all arranged within 24 hours while Clare was still in hospital. She also have two children Ben 18 and Emma 22. This is all so unbelievably sad I'm still trying to get my head around it all. She has not told many people so other than my mum I have no one else to talk this over with.
I did bring her gifts, a Cornish pasty like we used to have when we went to Cornwall as children. Mum had been evacuated to Cornwall and we would go back every summer to she Auntie Doris. Clare would often come with us, mum was given Auntie Doris's secret recipe for her prize winning pasties so these are not just any old pasties LOL. Also bread pudding made to our nuns recipe so just like Clare's mum would make.
Clare gave me a charm with her birthstone. Today I brought a bracelet for it to go on.
This is a pictures with Clare her mum and I at my cousin Charlie's wedding (Charlie is the cousin that killed himself back in February)
- NDR,,,>> - Saucy Suwi July 13, 2021, 9:43 am
« Back to index | View thread »
- Saying goodbye is so important for each of you.Hugs and stay safe! - Sandi M in Chicagoland July 14, 2021, 5:36 pm
- My thoughts and hugs to you. - Susan July 14, 2021, 5:17 pm
- It is very difficult time for you and your family. May the Lord give all of you strength. - Nilsa July 14, 2021, 9:32 am
- Sending warm hugs. - Kathy M. in CO July 14, 2021, 6:20 am
- Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. - lovindollz July 13, 2021, 7:39 pm
- My thoughts are with you and your family. - maywong July 13, 2021, 6:16 pm
- Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. - Donna In OR July 13, 2021, 5:58 pm
- That must be so difficult for all of you. - Kimberlee in MI July 13, 2021, 4:25 pm
- My thoughts are with you - Queli July 13, 2021, 3:24 pm
- Heartbreaking to lose this kind of friend. I'm so sorry. - Steph in ma July 13, 2021, 1:35 pm
- So very sorry - Marna July 13, 2021, 1:06 pm
- I'm so sorry. Saying prayers for you and your family. - Danalynne July 13, 2021, 11:14 am
- Prayers for comfort - Paul in Warrensburg July 13, 2021, 10:31 am