All Fish: The Family Business---photos included
I can trace my ancestry back at least 7 generations and Fiskerman or Fisherman was listed as the occupations in Denmark. Here is my G-Grandfather in 1922 opening the Fish Market. The fish were caught on Lake Michigan, smoked and sold fresh.
1946 photo of the old Fish Market---the family had---sold in 1977, now a part of Superior Foods wholesale division.
We have at least two Fish Boils each summer and also eat fish a few times a week.
Midwest Trout//Salmon boil, with clams, shrimp and mussels. Totally NUMMY!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- What is your favorite fish or shellfish? - Doll Divas Inquiry June 8, 2021, 12:08 pm
- Crab. - maywong June 9, 2021, 7:53 pm
- Shrimp - Talolili June 9, 2021, 2:47 pm
- All Fish: The Family Business---photos included - Sandi M in Chicagoland June 9, 2021, 10:17 am
- Scallops! - Dawn - OSS June 9, 2021, 8:26 am
- Crab - Saucy Suwi June 9, 2021, 6:08 am
- Can't eat any of it. Makes my stomach hurt. - Jim June 9, 2021, 1:29 am
- King Crab Legs :o) - Amy in So. Cal. June 8, 2021, 3:52 pm
- Lobster, Crab and Salmon - lovindollz June 8, 2021, 3:42 pm
- Salmon, shrimp, lobster and crab. - Donna In OR June 8, 2021, 3:07 pm
- Salmon and Caribbean "cod fish". I don't eat shell fish. - Merce June 8, 2021, 3:01 pm
- It was salmon but I was up all night with food poisoning after last night’s meal! - Gwenevere June 8, 2021, 2:57 pm
- Salmon for fish, lobster for shellfish - Donna L June 8, 2021, 2:33 pm
- Lobster! - Steph in ma June 8, 2021, 2:25 pm
- Shrimp! - Nilsa June 8, 2021, 1:42 pm
- Re: What is your favorite fish or shellfish? - Paul in Warrensburg June 8, 2021, 12:56 pm
- I love seafood! Cod (fish & chips) and shrimp are my faves! - Bridget June 8, 2021, 12:27 pm
- Not a fan of fish but do like shrimp. - Judie in Montreal June 8, 2021, 12:24 pm
« Back to index | View thread »