He didn't cooperate. He ran off.
I happened to glance out the window to see him emerging from the iris patch onto the driveway. He was oblivious of me in the house. I watched him a bit as he foraged from side to side in the gravel driveway. Then I figured I'd get some pictures. I scurried off to the basement, grabbed the figures and when I got back out, he was gone. I hunted him down and caught up with him in the peonies. Of course, like most box turtles, he peed while I carried him, but I was expecting it so I held him away from me. When I set him down, he closed up tight. He opened slowly after I set up the figures, but closed back up again when I moved to get the shot. When he finally did open up, I had to shoot quick. I think I got him out of his comfort zone.
- Not on Theme 1 - Paul in Warrensburg June 7, 2021, 5:12 pm
- Totally loving your sense of humor....too funny! - Sandi M in Chicagoland June 9, 2021, 10:21 am
- Really funny! Now how did you get the turtle to be so cooperative? - Donna L June 8, 2021, 2:39 pm
- He didn't cooperate. He ran off. - Paul in Warrensburg June 8, 2021, 3:02 pm
- Love it! - valmaxi June 8, 2021, 12:12 pm
- That was fun! - Kathy M. in CO June 8, 2021, 6:41 am
- So cute. - maywong June 8, 2021, 6:40 am
- *applause* Love this so much! - Steph in ma June 8, 2021, 6:22 am
- LOL! Love your doll humour - Saucy Suwi June 8, 2021, 5:55 am
« Back to index | View thread »