Hi Sue! Thanks for your nice comment. See message,
Since it is out of scale, I raised the floor about 3/4 of an inch. For the booths, I used a doll to estimate how high (the seat ) and how thich (the back) needed to be.
There was a pink pay phone on the wall where the TV is. I removed it drilling out the plastic pegs that were holding the phone. It took time as I was risking to brake the wall. The tv is covering the holes.
I measured the floor area and cut cardboard to put on the floor and booths. It was easier to work the floor by sections.
I used a thick cardboard -that I had kept from something that we bought - for the floor and for the booths. Since I ran out of the thick cardboard, I used regular cardboard stacked up to 3/4 of an inch. I used a hot glue gun to stack the layers of cardboard. Then I used the checkered contact paper for the floor sections. It can be remove if I ever can improve the flooring.
For the booths was easier. I covered the seat and back with fabric using the hot glue gun. Then I glued both pieces together. It is also removable in case of future upgrades.
I hope this gives you some idea about how to customized your school room.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Theme -May2nd. and Diorama in progress. - Nilsa May 2, 2021, 11:19 am
- Oh, how fun! - Sandi M in Chicagoland Yesterday, 7:47 am
- It's a fantastic start, can't wait to see it as you add to it - valmaxi May 3, 2021, 11:07 am
- I love this! - maywong May 3, 2021, 5:48 am
- Love this!! - Dawn - OSS May 2, 2021, 7:13 pm
- This is looking amazing! - lovindollz May 2, 2021, 6:53 pm
- Loving the direction it's going - Anika May 2, 2021, 5:12 pm
- Wow! This is so realistic! - Kimberlee in MI May 2, 2021, 4:27 pm
- This is fabulous! Cant wait to see it in all its glory when finished. - Wandy in Pensacola May 2, 2021, 3:55 pm
- Looking good! Love your gal in denim. Is she the proprietor? - Donna L May 2, 2021, 3:53 pm
- Love it already, Nilsa. It is going to be amazing! - Kari May 2, 2021, 3:46 pm
- I have this set too and am looking forward to seeing what you do with it. . . - SueJ May 2, 2021, 12:44 pm
- Hi Sue! Thanks for your nice comment. See message, - Nilsa May 3, 2021, 12:41 am
- Looks nice, can't wait to see it finished - Marna May 2, 2021, 12:42 pm
- Very nice! Can't wait to see it finished. - Angel in FL May 2, 2021, 11:40 am
- Wow! This looks fantastic! Great start ... Hope you continue to post pics. - Merce May 2, 2021, 11:34 am
- This is looking great! - Saucy Suwi May 2, 2021, 11:27 am
« Back to index | View thread »