Zoe (how I get my dolls to stand)
Posted by Marna on February 17, 2021, 7:06 pm
I've posted this info before, but it was requested again, so since I was taking some new photos, this seemed like the time to do it. I use plastic tubes that I get from cheap toys or candy, or sale cheap cosmetics. I've collected various sizes over the years so I can put my dolls at different lengths away from the background. I use white sticky putty, or earthquake putty to hold the tube on the background, & then I lean the doll against it.
This is the putty & tube
This is my background setup with a tube attached. Look closely at the bottom right corner of the "painting" it's a little hard to see.
And here's Zoe in the finished photos
You can use this with a real diorama too, put the tube on furniture or walls to get the doll to stand further away from things.
- Zoe (how I get my dolls to stand) - Marna February 17, 2021, 7:06 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Never seen this. So cool. Thank you for sharing Marna! - Carine February 18, 2021, 2:32 pm
- Thank you for the tip Marna! Getting dolls to stand has always been a problem for me! - Sheila in CA February 18, 2021, 11:06 am
- Great ideas! - Saucy Suwi February 18, 2021, 6:43 am
- Very clever. - maywong February 17, 2021, 10:47 pm
- What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it, Marna! - Donna L February 17, 2021, 9:11 pm
- Thanks for reposting this information. - Queli February 17, 2021, 8:29 pm
- Fab, Marna, thanks for sharing! Sandi - Sandi M in Chicagoland February 17, 2021, 7:59 pm