Posted by Saucy Suwi on November 15, 2020, 6:15 am
So I posted my cards today for the Doll Diva card exchange. Now it was very interesting this year, with Covid my family have been pretty much stuck at home since March. I have been out a couple of times in gloves, mask and face shield to vet and in those couple of weeks when we came out of the first lockdown (before figures started shooting back up) went to the shops with mum and one daughter. Other one had to stay home and look after dad. It was planned like a military operation. Not only the gloves, mask and face shield but in case we needed the toilet wipes and my own toilet paper. Doors, seat, flush etc all cleaned. Then elbows to open the doors to get out again. Anything touched was with gloves on. Then when we got back to the car a bag for all the PPE and more wiping down before getting in the car. Once home everything was washed down including US! I'm not taking ANY chances on letting my dad get sick...or the rest of us!
So with all this is was pretty easy to decide to just stay home, and now the country is in a semi sort of lockdown again so we have to stay home and most shops etc are shut until 2nd December.
That left me with the conundrum of how I could join in with this year DD Christmas card exchange. Well, while moaning that I would have to miss this year for the first time an advert came up (can't remember if it was on TV or Computer) saying that we could get our stamps on line and have our items collected from us by a postal worker. COOL! Problem solved. For those that don't know the Royal Mail deliver but do not collect, if you want to post a letter you can use a red post box if you have the stamps
or go to the post office.
If it's a parcel or letter going abroad then up until now you would need to go to the post office. Anyway I have printed of my 'stamps' and posted them in the nearby post box so fingers crossed and Covid permitting if you joined up for the exchange you should get a card from me sometime between now and Valentines day!!!!
Oh, and I have gone into full lockdown Christmas mode, I have started with a name change to Sant's Saucy Suwi
Cards are from the 2019 exchange
- IT'S CHRIIIIISTMAAAAASSSS.....>>>> - Saucy Suwi November 15, 2020, 6:15 am
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: IT'S CHRIIIIISTMAAAAASSSS.....>>>> - Sandi M in Chicagoland November 17, 2020, 6:07 pm
- You have a beautiful collection of cards. Completed my >>>> - lovindollz November 16, 2020, 11:53 am
- Wow, you're good! I haven't even started! - Steph in ma November 16, 2020, 10:24 am
- Sant's Saucy Suwi, it was so much fun to see your well organized card display & the cards are great! - trish at dollymall November 16, 2020, 6:05 am
- Lovely photos!!! Canada Post doesn't collect either nor do we have home delivery anymore. I'll be - Judie in Montreal November 15, 2020, 2:59 pm
- I didn't know that the Royal Mail doesn't collect, even if they have to deliver to your house? - Marna November 15, 2020, 1:56 pm
- Wow, your dolls are looking so Crhistmasy and elegant...Merry Christmas! - Queli November 15, 2020, 12:47 pm
- You're getting me in the mood!! - valmaxi November 15, 2020, 12:39 pm
- I enjoyed looking at your pics. - maywong November 15, 2020, 7:08 am