Tho I know I should be wary, still I venture someplace scary .....
Posted by cr1965 on October 22, 2020, 9:27 pm
Now first, as I shut the door
I was alone
In the new house; and the wind
Began to moan.
Old at once was the house
And I was old;
My ears were teased with the dread
Of what was foretold,
Nights of storm, days of mist, without end;
Sad days when the sun
Shone in vain: old griefs and griefs
Not yest begun.
All was foretold me; naught
Could I foresee;
But I learnt how the wind would sound
After these things should be.
THE NEW HOUSE
By Edward Thomas
(1878 - 1917)
- Tho I know I should be wary, still I venture someplace scary ..... - cr1965 October 22, 2020, 9:27 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Great photo! - Marna October 23, 2020, 2:33 pm
- Wonderful photo and poem. Love this. Perfect for Halloween! - Danalynne October 23, 2020, 10:10 am
- This is great. The photo is wonderful and the poem is a little chilling. - Donna In OR October 23, 2020, 10:08 am
- thank you! i had thought of this for her years ago and finally took the plunge - cr1965 October 23, 2020, 9:52 am
- Adore this!!! - Kathy M. in CO October 23, 2020, 7:00 am
- Awesome scene. - maywong October 23, 2020, 6:55 am
- Great photo! - Saucy Suwi October 23, 2020, 5:30 am
- The photos were beautiful and I loved the poem! - Queli sQuelington October 23, 2020, 1:20 am
- Hauntingly beautiful doll and backdrops! Nice poem too. - Carine October 22, 2020, 11:48 pm
- Ooo-o-oooh, spooky poem, perfectly portrayed in your photos...Super! - Sandi M in Chicagoland October 22, 2020, 10:10 pm