New dio i have been working on to keep me (relatively) sane
Posted by cr1965 on August 1, 2020, 8:55 pm
Dining room set was from my friend's childhood; her mom found it when they were selling the house. Dining table was completely trashed and needed the legs repaired. Frames and mirror from Value Village. Buffet was from the estate sale. had to totally repaint it as it was discoloured. Philip Starck 'ghost chairs' were from ebay (although I got a set of clear from the estate sale also.
The floor base was from a packing skid - am a bit of a salvager!
Still so many fiddly details!
Apparently measuring twice and cutting once to get a straight line is a challenge for me. The trim is off on the right side - not due to measuring but because the ONLY piece left in the entire downtown core was bent!
No matter how many times I re-glued it would not stay in line! grrrrr.... and the foamboard paper kept rippling at the top.
May turn it in to a Addams family inspired goth piece.
Overall I am happy with it. going to do the back of the walls next week: will do it so i can use the floor for two set ups. upload image
- New dio i have been working on to keep me (relatively) sane - cr1965 August 1, 2020, 8:55 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Wonderful work! - Saucy Suwi August 7, 2020, 6:24 am
- It looks wonderful, you’ve done great work! - valmaxi August 2, 2020, 8:32 pm
- WOW! It looks great. - Theresa August 2, 2020, 2:05 pm
- Yes YES! Let's go Addams Family. You did a lovely job ;-) - Karon in VA August 2, 2020, 12:28 pm
- Very stylish! - Kimberlee in MI August 2, 2020, 11:16 am
- This looks fantastic...you did such a wow job ! - Kelvin in LA August 2, 2020, 10:19 am
- thank you! the wall paper didnt have a repeat anywhere so trim was my only solution since I - cr1965 August 2, 2020, 9:39 am
- OH WOW!!! - France BijouDoll August 2, 2020, 9:15 am
- It's so great! I really like how you placed the vertical trim on the walls--good solution for seams! - Leslie August 2, 2020, 7:46 am
- You did a great job. I love all the details. - maywong August 2, 2020, 7:04 am
- It's gorgeous. Love all the trim details. - Kathy M. in CO August 2, 2020, 5:52 am
- You did a wonderful job with that diorama! - Queli August 2, 2020, 1:54 am
- It looks wonderful. Luv the wallpaper. - Carine August 1, 2020, 11:27 pm
- It's fantastic, Clinton! A very classy room. - Donna L August 1, 2020, 10:59 pm
- It is a very pretty diorama. I cannot tell anything wrong from the picture. Love the furniture too! - Nilsa August 1, 2020, 10:58 pm