Re: Burns Night supper
I am happy to take part but I refuse to eat something that is normally made into dogfood and served with cattlefood ( I used to work on a farm and we grew swedes as winter food for the cows).
Robert Burns was a contemporary of Wordsworth, just 11 years younger. One was born in Ayrshire the other in Cockermouth, and since tripe and onions is a Lancashire dish it would be like celebrating Wordsworth's birthday by eating tripe and onions ( more dogfood)
I am cooking cullen skink which is an altogether superior food and one which the bard would have eaten had he not been broke .
- Burns Night supper - Dell January 19, 2021, 9:58 pm
- Re: Burns Night supper - alison January 20, 2021, 9:28 pm
- Re: Burns Night supper - Alan P January 22, 2021, 4:32 pm
- Re: Burns Night supper - Dell January 22, 2021, 11:31 pm
- Re: Burns Night supper - Adrian January 25, 2021, 7:07 pm
- Re: Burns Night supper - Ross January 25, 2021, 7:34 pm
« Back to index | View thread »