1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Posted by George Elder on 11/14/2020, 2:25 am, in reply to "SMSC
The second alternative is fine with me. The current board is doing a great job. However, if other members want to volunteer to help, I am sure their services can be used within the context of the existing structure. In fact, some additions to our structure might be desirable...such as a cyber person. Oh, not a cyborg, like 7 of 9, although that would be nice.
The following notice is being sent to all SMSC members regarding our annual meeting and elections:
It comes as no surprise that the COVID-19 pandemic has forced postponement of our November collectors meeting in San Diego. Like many other aspects of daily life, all future meetings are on hold until our nation finds a safe way to open itself up again. When and whether we can ever return to "normal" remains to be seen.
So until such time as the situation improves enough to resume our meetings on a regular basis, the SMSC Board hereby requests the opinion of the membership regarding elections. Since the terms of the elected officers are all due to expire this year, we can either
1) request individual members to volunteer for terms of either 1 or 2 years, or
2) temporarily suspend elections and request the members of the existing Board to remain in office until such time as the situation improves enough to resume our yearly meetings.
The Board shall allow one week from the date of this message for the members to respond in favor of one choice or the other. Individual members interested in volunteering to serve on the Board are always welcome. The Board is composed of between 5 and 7 individuals, from whom a President and Vice President are elected each year at the annual meeting. Below is a list of the current members of the SMSC Board:
President: Bill Werner
Vice President: Peter Ewell
Secretary: Ulrich Rudofsky
At-Large Board Members: Hjalmar Heinen, Harald Scheel, Eric Jarvinen
Executive Committee: John Olsen (Executive Director), Robert Wiringa (Treasurer), Ulrich Rudofsky (Membership Coordinator), Renee Jacobs (Events Coordinator), Bill Werner, Harald Scheel
The notice will contain an e-mail link for those wishing to respond.
We are doing this reluctantly because we know how valuable personal contact among collectors is to our hobby. So let's continue to stay in touch with each other, either through postings on this message board, or through social media, ZOOM or any other means available to us. And above all, let's stay safe, healthy and hopeful of better days ahead!
Sincerely, on behalf of the SMSC Board,
John Olsen, Executive Director, SMSC
- SMSC - John Olsen 11/13/2020, 5:43 am
- Re: SMSC - Kevin Stewart 11/15/2020, 5:50 pm
- Re: SMSC - Dick Wiringa 11/15/2020, 8:19 am
- Re: SMSC - Harold Andrewsi 11/14/2020, 2:46 pm
- Re: SMSC - Les Kawamoto 11/14/2020, 2:38 pm
- Re: SMSC - George Elder 11/14/2020, 2:25 am
- Re: SMSC - Niels Neelsen 11/14/2020, 3:23 am
- Re: SMSC - Phil Woodruff 11/13/2020, 1:57 pm
- Re: SMSC - Robert K. Liu 11/13/2020, 9:27 am
« Back to index