1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: sea for model ships
I go to Tap Plastics and get a sheet of dark blue and then place a thin sheet of clear Lucite to place on top of the dark blue sheet. It looks like an ocean.
Several years ago, Fine Scale Modeler magazine had an article on doing realistic water. The author recommended clear 'cracked ice' light coverings https://www.homedepot.com/p/24-in-x-48-in-Clear-Cracked-Ice-Acrylic-Lighting-Panel-5-Pack-LP2448ACC-5/202653804
He would outline his ships on the smooth side paint wakes in white around the outlines on the rough side, then paint the entire rough side blue. Turning it over, remove the outline and place the ship in the appropriate position.
I imagine you could do the same, paint wakes and breakers, then paint the blue and display with the smooth side up under the harbor.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- sea for model ships - JC 8/1/2020, 2:42 am
- Re: sea for model ships - James Cadle 8/4/2020, 9:22 am
- Thank you! - JC 8/2/2020, 11:40 am
- Re: sea for model ships - Chris Hankin 8/2/2020, 2:51 am
- Re: sea for model ships - Harold Andrews 8/1/2020, 10:07 pm
- Re: sea for model ships - Harold Andrews 8/1/2020, 9:45 pm
- Re: sea for model ships - Rich H. 8/1/2020, 4:25 pm
- Re: sea for model ships - Tom Vargas 8/2/2020, 5:15 pm
- More Re: sea for model ships - Dick 8/1/2020, 11:56 am
- Re: sea for model ships - Bob 8/1/2020, 6:34 am
- Re: sea for model ships - Ulrich Rudofsky 8/1/2020, 3:18 am
« Back to index