1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Posted by DAVID ALCOCK on 7/11/2020, 12:39 am, in reply to "Correct!
one of the SCs still exists as a preserved operational memorial vessel and we saw her in Bergen a couple of years ago!
The model is Deep C's Tuscan.
On a recent visit to Shetland, we visited the base at Sollum Voe on the north coast...very moving and very pretty...
The "Shetland Bus' - SOE shuttle between Shetlands and Norway, carrying agents and supplies.
The SC is one of 3 110' US SC's supplied to the operation. Neptun model. Not sure of the the fishing boat ( or model ) but fishing boats were used for much of the traffic.
The SCs in Norwegian service were:
Hitra, Vigra, and Hessa
The fishing boat looks to be one of the "Møre Cutters" from the area around Ålesund.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Quiz - Peter Ewell 7/10/2020, 7:44 am
- Re: Quiz - Kevin Stewart 7/10/2020, 8:43 am
- Correct! - Peter Ewell 7/10/2020, 9:36 am
- Re: Correct! - Tim Hudson 7/11/2020, 6:03 am
- Re: Correct! - DAVID ALCOCK 7/11/2020, 12:39 am
« Back to index