1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Bill Gilpin
Posted by Paul on 6/6/2020, 12:34 pm, in reply to "Bill Gilpin
Terrible news. Bill was a proud Scotsman and a great story teller. He and I communicated regularly about ship modeling and a variety of other topics. And we frequently consulted regarding the projects that he was working on. Several years ago he took instruction in CAD design and thereafter struggled to find a way to produce new models using 3D printing. He was just beginning to make some progress in the last six months. Our last communication was in early April.
All of us have lost a great friend and valuable contributor to the hobby. We're going to miss him.
I just read on Alnavco’s FB page that Bill Gilpin passed away in his sleep several days ago. Bill was a true gentleman and I have always been amazed at the size of his Clydeside line in years past.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Bill Gilpin - Dave G@The PT Dockyard 6/6/2020, 10:22 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Charles Jones 6/8/2020, 11:12 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Kelvin Holmes 6/8/2020, 8:54 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - SanDiegoShipMan 6/7/2020, 10:58 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Rich H 6/7/2020, 8:33 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - John Olsen 6/7/2020, 5:54 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - steve cracknell 6/7/2020, 3:32 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - nick 6/6/2020, 10:02 pm
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Kevin Stewart 6/6/2020, 9:07 pm
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Bruce Gordon 6/6/2020, 1:31 pm
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Paul 6/6/2020, 12:34 pm
- Re: Bill Gilpin - Tim Hudson 6/6/2020, 11:15 am
- SAD NEWS! Re: Bill Gilpin - DonH 6/6/2020, 10:56 am
- Re: Bill Gilpin - DavidO 6/6/2020, 10:29 am
« Back to index