1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: BOOKS FOR SALE
Posted by Frank Fowler on 1/22/2020, 10:10 am, in reply to "BOOKS FOR SALE
Hi Stewart, Do you still have the British Battleship book by Dr. Oscar Parkes available. I would be interested in purchasing it from you if you still have it. Shipping would be to 93619 in California. Thanks
BOOKS FOR SALE
Offering the following:
1. Armed Merchant Cruisers 1878-1945 by Harry Sprog and Tom Grover; 300 pgs; 9 x 12; History of these ships each individually discussed and their contributions to the British War Effort; $25
2. The American Steel Navy by John Alden; 10 x 12; 397 pgs; The story of the New Steel Navy in the 1880s to the Spanish-American War; well-illustrated; $20
3. The Kaisers Pirates by J. Walter; 190 pgs; 8 x 10;German surface raiders of WWI; $14
4. Warships of the Civil War Navies by Paul Silverstone, 273 pgs; 10 x 10; information about each Union and Confederate vessel; $17
5. Soviet Warships of WWII by Jung Meister; 350 pgs; 8 x 10; information about each Soviet ship; illustrated; $12
6. Submarines of the Imperial Japanese Navy by D. Carpenter and N. Polmar; 182 pgs.; 10 x 9; no dj; the complete history of these often unique vessels; $20
7. British Battleships by Dr. Oscar Parks; 701 pgs; 10 x 12; worn dj; the classic work on these vessels each described in detail and compared to other BBs; each vessels description includes a photo or drawing; $20
8. Before the Aircraft Carrier by R. D. Layman; 126 pgs.; 8 x 12; development of aviation operations and vessels from 1849-1922; $15
9. German Naval Camouflage Vol. I 1939-1941 by James Mussen; 190 pgs; 12 x 9; well-illustrated with photos and colored drawings; $10
10. Escort Carriers and Aviation Support Vessels; by S. Terzibaschitsch; 194 pgs.; 9 x 12; provides data about these vessels from 1939 to post-WWII; well-illustrated; $10
11. Pocket Battleships of the Deutchland Class by G. Cope; 224 pgs; 9 x 11; the story of the three ships that threatened the balance of sea power in the 1930s; $14
12. Two books sold together: Italian Battleships 1928-1957 and French Battleships 1933-1970; 78 pgs (Italian); 96 pgs (French); each by W. Scarpaci; soft cover; illustrated, technical manuals; $12
If interested, please contact me at email@example.com to verify that they have not been previously sold.
Postage and handling is $5 for the first book. All other books on the same order are postage-free.
Shipping to CONUS addresses only. Payment will be by check or money order.