Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours
2 pounds lean ground beef
22 saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
1/3 cup minced onion
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoons black pepper
Honey Buffalo Sauce
1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup apricot preserves (you can also use tangerine or orange if you don't particularly like apricot)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
2. In a big bowl, add eggs and whisk. Add the remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll the mixture into the meatball sizes you prefer and place them on a baking sheet for 8 minutes in the oven until they're just browned.
3. While that's cooking - add the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to together.
4. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with your meatballs and drizzle with some of the Honey Buffalo Sauce. Then throw the rest of your meatballs in with the rest of the sauce.
5. Finally, cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Be sure to go and stir it all together again about an hour into it - and give it a taste. You might want to add more hot sauce - and about a tablespoon and a half will do.
« Back to index