Ok, Iíll start the ball rolling.
Reasons for leaving:
1. One or two players that if they are given the queen, even first round will target you throughout the game. So, the environment becomes toxic with playersí behaviour against anyone they dislike.
It is difficult to monitor that kind of behaviour. One could retaliate with a similar style of play, or choose to not be part of it, as it isnít much fun. Everyone makes mistakes, and most players realize it after the play. However, the behaviour of a few is Ďover the topí. Revenge, trashing someone in the lobby etc.
2. My other reason is due to the fact on at least 3 times I have written an email to Lee about concerns due to playing and hosting, which I wonít get into here as I donít want to embarrass anyone. These emails were pretty much ignored and the one of two players that show these negative traits are not penalized, so I felt like the bad guy. The one or two, or two that are one are, I think, thought of as being the Ďgood Ďol guys/gal), as if it is expected and therefore ignored.
3. I thought this league was for fun. We seem to have lost so many really nice players, and are left with many that have to win at all costs.
4. I have joined flipamies and the players there are in there for a fun game. They are all respectful and positive. It is a pleasure to play in there.
5. I miss the funny, respectful players that belong to the league. However, one cannot choose who you play, so many nights if you have one of the angry players on the table, itís basically a write off, unless one reverts to cutthroat play. I donít want to go that way.
6. Fixing it is difficult. We are not children. Everyone should take responsibility for their behaviour. If you can't, leave or take your meds.
« Back to index