[ Post a Response | The Meeting Place for Survivors ]
results of onc visit
Posted by Zoe (NED) on February 11, 2016, 8:59 amUser logged in as post
Saw my onc yesterday. I will be starting chemo on the 23rd. Not starting sooner because it will take that long for the pharmacy to order and receive the 2 meds I will get.
First med is Fulvestrant injection (Faslodex) given with Palbociclib (Ibrace) oral at maximum dose. The RN in the onc clinic said I will take the pill and then get 2 injections, one in each arm every 7 days for 4 weeks then once a month. Dr. Puckett believes I will do this course of chemo for about a year, with periodic scan every 3 or 4 months to check for progression. This combo of meds appears to give stage 4 with recurrence, on average, 9.8 months and placebo group 2.1 months I think this is fairly good odds. My initial diagnosis gave me 2 years and that was 13 years ago I might be able to stretch this one out 9 years. At least that is my wishful thinking.
I still need the MRI of my head but couldn't get it scheduled any sooner then Feb 22. Like all of you I HATE WAITING. But at least I now have a plan in place. Onc's nurse practitioner suggested we get Palliative care involve since we haven't found a method to control my pain. Hope this works! All in all I feel better and not freaking out so much. Thanks for the support my friends. Don't know what I would do without all of you.
take GOoD care
- Re: results of onc visit - Cheryl W February 11, 2016, 10:23 am
- Re: results of onc visit - Karen H. February 11, 2016, 4:55 pm
- Thanks - Zoe (NED) February 16, 2016, 1:57 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Lynn February 11, 2016, 5:42 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Robin February 11, 2016, 8:53 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - carolinapam February 11, 2016, 9:07 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Angel February 12, 2016, 12:51 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - MichelleA February 12, 2016, 4:33 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Shirley February 12, 2016, 9:17 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Mary in NY February 13, 2016, 5:23 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Newman February 14, 2016, 11:38 am
- Newman - Cheryl W February 14, 2016, 10:50 pm
- to every one who posted on this thread - Zoe (NED) February 16, 2016, 2:19 pm
- Re: results of onc visit - Char February 16, 2016, 11:18 pm
Back Home to Breast
Cancer On-line Support Group