Edited by board administrator 9/18/2016, 16:34:53
Lombardy Studios (Dana Lombardy) and 626 Designs (Russell Schulke) hosted game update at Winterfest XVII War Gaming gathering.
This was a closed-door NDA (non-disclosure agreement) meeting and round-table presentation presenting the new direction in the “Street of Stalingrad” monster game.
Some of the items that were covered:
• Major revision to the map graphics.
• Major expansion of the map size (now includes the Volga River east bank.)
• Major revision to counters layout with a new streamlined color coding system.
• Major corrections to the Soviet order of battle via the Tsentral'nyi Arkhiv Ministerstva Oborony RF (TsAMO) [central archive of the ministry of defense Russian Federation].
• Major corrections to the Soviet counter symbology.
• Major expansion of riverine units (including Volga Military Flotilla, Lower Volga River Steamship Company and the “Volgatanker” Company)
• Expansion of the air war
• New units (Fallschirmjäger, night witches, blocking detachments and footbridges)
• New weapons (Flamethrower tanks, Henschel HS-129 ground attack aircraft, riverine mines and ampulomets)
• New rules (Riverine mining, blocking detachments, and Heroes counters)
• Two new scenarios (Race to the Volga / Rynok: the last assault)
• Plus ... 30 years of research being added and correcting previous editions.
Many thanks to all of the participates and especially the individuals who came up after and gave one-on-one input. This was exactly what we were looking for and will aid in creating an unequalled product.
CONTRACTS SIGNED IN FALL 2015 *this was an evaluation/feasibility presentation of “Street of Stalingrad ④” and no funding, no timeline, no price or commitment has been made at this time to release a new updated game.