Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth?
Posted by Hikin' Jim on August 14, 2012, 15:11:57, in reply to "Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth?"
Wow. I'm never using a Jetboil again. |
Adventures in Stoving
: Last year a couple were camped at
: halfway. while preparing their meal
: in a jet boil. they heard noises
: and two bears moseyed into their
: camp. these were experienced hikers
: who proceded to bang pots and were
: yelling, apparently the bearswere
: not impressed with their antics and
: really liked the rice they were
: preparing. wouldn't leave became
: very threatening. The hikers
: finally abandoned their meal and
: packed out of the area. Soooooo....
: better to be safe than sorry.
: --Previous Message--
: The story I heard was that yes,
: were bears becoming a nuisance a
: while back at halfway. I even heard
: a story that there was a camper at
: one time that was feeding the bears.
: I don't know how true that is or if
: there have been any occurrences of
: problems at halfway in the last
: couple years. I personally havent
: heard of anything lately.
: There ARE bears in the wilderness.
: Not just in the parking lot.
: I had my first sighting in the
: wilderness 2 weeks ago... at Algers
: As Ed stated, it is good practice to
: use bear cans or bear bag. No sense
: in putting yourself or the bears at
- Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - Bill August 12, 2012, 16:04:34
- Thanks for the responses! - Bill August 20, 2012, 9:03:19
- So, Bill I'm Curious. Did You Find What You Were Looking For? - Westcliffe Willie August 15, 2012, 6:47:22
- Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - smokiebearjobber August 13, 2012, 18:57:16
- Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - Hikin' Jim August 13, 2012, 10:43:19
- Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - Westcliffe Willie August 13, 2012, 7:05:27
- Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - Patrick August 12, 2012, 19:53:01
- Re: Bears in Halfway Camp - truth or myth? - Ed August 12, 2012, 18:25:05
« Back to index