Coffee Filter Trick
Posted by tripleb on July 25, 2012, 10:59:52, in reply to "Re: Water Filter"
I use the coffee filter trick on desert springs. Usually they are pretty grungy water sources. Another idea is to excavate a hole, little bit, then put a nalgene into the hole. The spring then fills the nalgene, and you pump out of the nalgene. I am aware desert springs are really important to desert wildlife, so I only use this kind of modification if necessary.
: Usually, I don't filter in SGW however
: free-flowing water is tough to come
: by this year..so broke out the
: I carry little round, coffee filters
: and rubber bands. then I can cover
: the 'probe' of my filter with one
: and filter from a muddy footprint if
: necessary, SAVES the expensive
: filter from cloggin! and coffee
: filters can be used for other items,
: homemade bandage, etc.
: DUCT TAPE TOO!
- Water Filter - CK July 23, 2012, 19:36:48
- Re: Water Filter - CK July 24, 2012, 9:55:55
- Re: Water Filter - Hikin' Jim July 24, 2012, 8:21:16
- Re: Water Filter - Arnold July 24, 2012, 7:12:37
- Re: Water Filter - pi July 24, 2012, 6:59:15
- Coffee Filter Trick - tripleb July 25, 2012, 10:59:52
« Back to index