The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
What's a good example of a lucky victory medal
Posted by aje on May 19, 2017, 4:38 pm
I was going to use the example of Richard Wright having a Premier League winners medal, but I'm pretty sure he didn't even make a substitute appearance for Man City.
Are there any famous examples of a player who was known to be rubbish, but won a major medal (club or international) due to a single appearance. i.e. someone who only played the final game of the season due to pity, or got a few minutes in a cup final due to an injury.
- Emlyn Hughes got 62 more medals than Howard Kendall, one for every England cap he got nt - ToffeeMc1878 May 19, 2017, 11:03 pm
- Jim Beglin - Brentwood Blue May 19, 2017, 9:13 pm
- Traore at the shite ? ... nt - GOMH* May 19, 2017, 7:32 pm
- Stephane Guivarch has got a World Cup medal... - Maximus May 19, 2017, 7:20 pm
- Not sure he counts as 'rubbish' but Nathan Ake could end up with double medals... - Robin May 19, 2017, 6:53 pm
- I think Richard Wright did win one with Arsenal - deep blue May 19, 2017, 6:47 pm
- ...(cough) Mike Trebilcock...(cough)...n/t... - ...dog... May 19, 2017, 6:10 pm
- Pat Jennings was unlucky with us, if I remember correct ... nt - GOMH* May 19, 2017, 5:59 pm