What I was thinking was something like: Here we have a given child with an NPA type. the nurturing environment is determined by the NPA types of the nurturers, etc. So take the NPA type child and subject it to another NPA type and what do we get.
I guess I was hoping for this in a Venn diagram in light of so much debate now about rearing of children, how schools ought to work, etc. So, let's say we have an N child who is rearing in an NPA+ environment in totality (not just parents personalities but the community, the school etc.) like the urban northeast. How does the N ness of the child fare? Does he become a little NPA+ or not? Or what happens to an NPA+ child in an N environment? Does he lose his motivation and energy and become unmotivated?
So, these words are not helpful, but a good Venn diagram could do it.
Remember the assumption is that resultant reality is 50% genetically determined. 40% chance, 10% nurture. So take the NPA ness of the child, subject him to the NPA ness of the nurturing. Then------ how can the Venn diagram show how chance of 40% takes it from there. Does that mean that his NPA ness is moved away from the resulting NPA ness in a direction that is X % in any direction?? How does the Venn diagram do that?
« Back to index