This is a very odd article, at times seemingly contradictory.
I'm not good at numbers, so I will need the able help of my fellow monarchists.
It says: 54% in Britain, 36% in Australia and 33% in Canada would prefer their countries remain a monarchy.
But then it says: In Britain, respondents said they prefer the monarchy to an elected head of state by a four-to-one margin, with one in four voicing indifference on the matter.
One in four means 25 per cent are indifferent. If you add that to the 54 per cent who are in favour of the monarchy, that brings us to 79 per cent of those surveyed. That leaves 21 per cent who would be opposed to the monarchy.
Now, if you multiply that by four (keeping in mind the four-to-one margin of those who favour the monarchy over a republic), that brings us to 84 per cent - far in excess of the 54-per-cent figure of those favouring monarchy that was reported.
Have I gone wrong somewhere?