No. OO Grade
Posted by Bob Hamilton on April 30, 2012, 9:03 pm
Hello All, |
I’m a new member to LCSCA and have a few questions concerning a No. OO grade that I just purchased. It appears that my “new” gun falls under the missing records category. My guess is that it is an 1898 model year (based on reviewing this topic on past posts). Here are some of the details:
1. Serial # 47278 with “OO” stamped on the water table and barrel flats under the serial numbers;
2. 12ga, Hammerless, 32” Armor Steel Barrels F/F; 2¾ Chambers;
3. Double triggers;
4. Bushed firing pins;
5. Old style extractor (cylinder);
6. Rounded pistol grip with splinter fore end; and
7. Patent #’s on the water table (Mar 23, ’83, July 13, ’86 and Oct 5, '86).
Could someone please let me know what they think the year of manufacture is(understanding that there are no records)?
Also, could someone please recommend a good gunsmith to bring her to in the Chicago area for a cleaning and check? In addition, I would also like to have the stock glass bedded, so any recommendations in the Chicago area would be appreciated.
Finally, this website and forum are excellent. Thanks to everyone who has made it possible.
Thank you for all your help,