BIG BORE EVENT RULES
Posted by Tom Archer on April 19, 2011, 10:06 pm, in reply to "BIG BOOMER WILDFOWL AWARD RULES"
The LC Smith
BIG BORE EVENT
1) All guns must be original 8 or 10-bore L.C. Smith guns; although the GUN MUST BE FIRED AS A 10 GAUGE. Therefore, chamber mates/sleeves are acceptable in reducing an 8-bore gun to 10-bore; but NO GAUGE/BORE SIZE SMALLER than 10-bore will be allowed.
2) The LC Smith BIG BORE EVENT will be held in conjunction with the American Classic Hammer or Hammerless Sporting Clays Event; the event will consist of 50 sporting clays, and the shooter with the highest score of broken targets shooting a Smith hammer or hammerless gun will be declared the LC Smith BIG BORE EVENT WINNER.
3) When entering the Southern Side x Side 10-bore event, each entrant must declare in advance at event registration that he/she will be shooting an L. C. Smith gun; otherwise standard course rules apply to all entrants.
4) Although membership within the LC Smith Collectors Association is certainly encouraged, it is not a requirement; therefore the LC Smith BIG BORE EVENT is open to all participants.
5) Once the event winner has been determined. The shooter having the highest score with an LC Smith hammer or hammerless gun will be presented with the BIG BOOMER award as a trophy to commerate his/her fine achievement.