“Crown” was the brand name of the Crown and Cumberland Steel Co., Allegany County, Maryland which was established in 1872. Related to the Panic of 1893, Crown and Cumberland Steel was sold at a trustee sale in 1894, and then reorganized as Cumberland Steel and Tinplate Co.
In 1900, the company became part of Crucible Steel.
There was also a division of Cassidy & Co., Crown Steel Works, in Allegheny Co., PA.
Responses are not allowed!