[ post a message | In The Pink ]
Posted by Margie on 4/15/2018, 12:03 pm
My mom and I always called her "generous Joanne," not only beca9use she sent gifts to me, my mom, and even Pip, because she was so sweet and thoughtful, sending cheery notes and emails. Sometimes she would ask my opinion before she bought something or if there was a problem on the board and she was debating about the best way to diplomatically handle it. And sometimes I would ask her advice. Since she's been gone, I've had to stop myself several times from emailing her.
She always got such a kick out of Pip's antics and I liked to send her silly photos to make her laugh.
My mom was always flabbergasted when Joanne sent her Christmas gifts. She'd always say, "But she doesn't even know me." I'm sure Joanne was one of the first to welcome her to heaven last year just the way she was so welcoming to all of us on ITP, making each of us feel special.
- Sweet memories!! - Nilsa 4/16/2018, 7:31 pm
- What a wonderful memory. She was generous to my mom, too, and had never... - Bethany in PA 4/16/2018, 4:42 pm
- .JOanne was generous beyond my experince. She is deeply missed. - ELLEN 4/16/2018, 7:37 am
- Very endearing memories Margie. Joanne touched so many lives, I feel so lucky to have met her here. - Judy in Pa 4/15/2018, 7:13 pm
- Oh Margie, I'm sure we have a two very special pink angels in heaven who still smile at Pip!! - Barb in Chicago 4/15/2018, 1:12 pm
- How we all treasured our dearest Joanne - Ann in the UK 4/15/2018, 1:12 pm
- That made me cry. Joanne was very special and always made others feel special. - Faye in AZ 4/15/2018, 12:24 pm
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.