[ post a message | In The Pink ]
This weeks question, and the photos to prove it!
Posted by Kathy M. in CO on 1/12/2018, 8:05 am
Oh did I play with Barbies as a child. It was my favorite thing to do. Hours of playing and redressing. I got my first dolls on Christmas of 1966. An American girl and a Bend Leg Midge. Notice the Midge is a transitional doll. The bend leg body, but with the flip haircut.
That was my cousin in the photos, never had a baby brother to ruin dolls.
In 1969 I got these dolls for my birthday.
I have no recollection of that baby doll. I am sure it was my mothers vain hope of getting me to play with a doll without boobs. LOL. She did give me the black Francie as she felt that I needed to see some AA folks as our town was pretty white bread ( still is ).
All of the dolls in the photos still exist in my collection. I let the houses and big things go when I "outgrew" dolls, but I just couldn't bring myself to let go of the dolls and clothes. Thank Goodness!!! Here are the same dolls today, and most of the fashions too!
Kathy M. in CO Feeling the need to go play Barbie!!!
- I love your photos and story! I'm the same, gave away the house, still have my dolls. - Wandy in Pensacola 1/13/2018, 1:27 pm
- Great pictures! Sorry you no longer have your houses. - Kimberlee 1/13/2018, 11:55 am
- Wow, so neat that you still have yours dolls and the pics are so muc fun! - Amy 1/13/2018, 9:50 am
- Fabulous dolls--you took good care of them--love all your great photo's!! - Krissy 1/13/2018, 12:02 am
- You are darling as is your story. I love that you still have your childhood dolls. - Judy in Pa 1/12/2018, 7:54 pm
- What a cute little girl! - Mordols 1/12/2018, 4:11 pm
- Wow, you really did take care of them. I was an only child, and my dog was very good, so my things s - Sandi M in Chicagoland 1/12/2018, 2:58 pm
- Gorgeous!! Such wonderful photos!! Time to play Barbies! - Kate in ME 1/12/2018, 11:59 am
- Fun pictures! - Ruth 1/12/2018, 11:30 am
- What a sweet little girl you were and still are !!!!! Hugs - Ann in the UK 1/12/2018, 10:05 am
- Adorable! - Faye in AZ 1/12/2018, 9:56 am
- Oh my gosh! These are wonderful photos and a great story! - Bethany in PA 1/12/2018, 8:36 am
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.