[ post a message | In The Pink ]
A dress I made today.... something different
Posted by Cathy (Kellycat) on 7/16/2017, 3:49 pm
I just finished this today. It's really better in person. This was my idea. What this is is a white strapless sheath underneath another blue sheer dress that has a full skirt. The blue fabric is dotted swiss on organza. It is sheer so I had to use tulle as a lining (you know, the netting that you use to make a wedding veil). The two dresses are sewn together at the front bust darts and at the waist. You can't do any darts in the blue fabric without the seams showing so I had to sew the two bodices as one for the darts. It was a bit tricky but I conquered it! I used a new pattern I bought on ebay by Designs by Jude for outer dress and used some other pieces I already had to make the strapless sheath underneath.
Here are pics, front and back:
Thanks for looking!
- Wow this is amazing, Cathy! - Karen in Ont 7/17/2017, 10:10 pm
- You've made a brilliant job Cathy - Ann in the UK 7/17/2017, 2:39 pm
- Oh, I love Swiss dot fabric. It was the go-to fabric for the yearly Easter dresses my mother.... - Susan 7/17/2017, 2:26 pm
- Lovely! - Selina 7/17/2017, 12:33 pm
- very sweet! dotted swiss is always so lovely on the girls! - Karen/glammourdoll 7/17/2017, 8:26 am
- Just gorgeous. - Margie 7/17/2017, 8:10 am
- This fashion is exquisite Cathy - your doll looks sensational in it too - you are so clever - Chataine/Val 7/17/2017, 6:17 am
- how creative ! :-) - Laura in CA 7/17/2017, 1:23 am
- Very pretty :) - Cheryl from La. 7/16/2017, 10:33 pm
- love it - shortcut Patty 7/16/2017, 10:27 pm
- Wow! That is simply beautiful! Fabulous job! - Bethany in PA 7/16/2017, 7:15 pm
- Really nice, I love the fabric and the color, just beautiful! - Aylene 7/16/2017, 5:57 pm
- That is absolutely lovely Cathy, I love the dotted swiss. You do exceptional work. - Judy in Pa 7/16/2017, 5:12 pm
- Beautiful! - Faye in AZ 7/16/2017, 4:32 pm
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!