Re: BLIPs and XC Skies show a good but not great day
Posted by Ray on 6/12/2012, 2:58 am, in reply to "BLIPs and XC Skies show a good but not great day"
Unless you have a Ph.D in atmospheric physics, BLIPs are an essential tool if you are a serious soaring pilot. Dr. Jack et al put a lot into them, and the latest Rapid Refresh models, key to BLIP, which incorporate more physics and increased vertical data input (more levels), have so far (the last few weeks) performed extremely well, and better than previously. And even if you do have that degree, they are still a useful shortcut when time constraints preclude a more formal analysis. So thanks to Chuck for continuing to report them. Pay attention! |
: Wednesday's BLIP and XC Skies show a nice
: moderate day with lift to (TI=0) to 5000 ft
: over the entire area. I'm willing to fly if
: there is more interest.
: --Previous Message--
: This is short notice, but Wednesday is
: like soaring conditions may be exceptional.
: But as usual I must confer to the advice of
: the resident meteorological master. What do
: you think Ray, in mortal speak.
: Anyone what to fly? Gold distance perhaps?
: Mark VNE
- Wednesday Flying - Mark VNE 6/11/2012, 8:36 am
- Jack, I'll help you rig on Thursday - Chuck Z. 6/12/2012, 4:36 pm
- I changed my mind after more rain on Wednesday - Chuck Z. 6/12/2012, 4:28 pm
- Let's bet on Wednesday - Chuck Z. 6/12/2012, 10:14 am
- OK then, what about Thursday, or Friday..? - Mark VNE 6/12/2012, 7:34 am
- Re: Wednesday Flying - Ray 6/12/2012, 5:36 am
- BLIPs and XC Skies show a good but not great day - Chuck Z 6/11/2012, 11:59 am
- Re: BLIPs and XC Skies show a good but not great day - Ray 6/12/2012, 2:58 am
« Back to index