[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: Format hole?
Posted by Jeremy Andrews on December 6, 2017, 8:27 pm, in reply to "Re: Format hole?"
If iHeart flips 95.5 to Alt 95.5, it will be for one reason and one reason only. Market Clearance for The Woody Show. That's it. That's all. It's also quite possible.
They have some very low rated radio stations in quite a few markets carrying some of their syndicated shows sitting around for that reason. Local stopsets could be all PSAs for all they care. Of course local ads making money are an added benefit for this kind of thing.
It's not as much about the station itself making money, it's for the show and the radio network making money.
95.5 has a Sag-Aftra contract, so I do not believe they will run a syndicated show on there. Ever notice how the airstaff on there are all live and local?
- Format hole? - Question December 6, 2017, 11:58 am
- Re: Format hole? - WYTZZ95FM December 6, 2017, 12:06 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Oldie McOld December 6, 2017, 12:45 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Hames Jetfield December 6, 2017, 12:48 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Jeremy Andrews December 6, 2017, 8:27 pm
- Re: Format hole? - greg December 7, 2017, 11:00 pm
« Back to index | View thread »