[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: Format hole?
Posted by Beau Duran on December 6, 2017, 1:44 pm, in reply to "Re: Format hole?"
A second true alternative is a pipe dream, especially with WXRT in existence as essentially a grown up Alt station. There aren't a lot of markets that can support two Alternative stations (there are only 5 I know of in the Top 60 markets) and this is not a market like LA or San Diego with a strong heritage in the format. Neither KQX or XRT are exactly setting the world on fire ratings-wise.
I think the projections of Big 95.5's death are way premature. iHeart is interested in expanding their iHeartCountry brand and the format works with the "wall of women" cluster strategy. I bet you're much more likely to see Bobby Bones get thrown on in mornings and them settle for being the "other" country station in the market, keeping some ad money from going to US 99.
That being said your Mancow theory and doing a mainstream rock format on 95.5 would be a LOT of fun, I just don't see how it works with iHeart's current cluster at all.
- Format hole? - Question December 6, 2017, 11:58 am
- Re: Format hole? - WYTZZ95FM December 6, 2017, 12:06 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Oldie McOld December 6, 2017, 12:45 pm
- Re: Format hole? - WYTZZ95FM December 6, 2017, 12:56 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Question December 6, 2017, 12:59 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Beau Duran December 6, 2017, 1:44 pm
- Re: Format hole? - Hames Jetfield December 6, 2017, 12:48 pm
- Re: Format hole? - greg December 7, 2017, 11:00 pm
« Back to index | View thread »