[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Posted by Jeremy Andrews on October 2, 2017, 8:58 pm, in reply to "She"
I swear it was 100.3 that forced 93.9 to change it's presentation back around 1999-2000. WLIT went from a traditional DJ-Music presentation (No serious imaging, jingles just the airstaff backselling songs) to a full blown revamp from "Lite FM 93.9" to "Lite Rock 93.9" with a jingle package as a result. They managed to recover. Reelworld created the original WNND jingle package a lot of jingle packages for WLIT after.
WSHE has a strong CHR morning show, which is syndicated, but that's what makes no sense. Are people listening to that CHR morning show on an AC station, or are they listening to 100.3 in other dayparts?
Musically, WSHE is a typical modern day Mainstream AC station.
WLIT since becoming "MyFM" has been slowly going back to a more Mainstream AC direction from the initial Hot AC format they started with. Nothing too extreme. They duck into full blown Mainstream AC (Premium Choice) during the overnight hours. Christmas really is WLIT's favorite time of year.
Now if Hubbard finally wants success with 100.3 instead of just flanking 101.9, this might be the reason. Actually programming it seriously.
- She - We Me He October 2, 2017, 6:32 pm
- Re: She - We Me He October 2, 2017, 6:33 pm
- Re: She - Jeremy Andrews October 2, 2017, 8:58 pm
- Re: She - Watts October 2, 2017, 9:17 pm
- Re: She - Jeremy Andrews October 2, 2017, 9:31 pm
- Re: She - Jeremy Andrews October 2, 2017, 9:34 pm
- Re: She - ChiTownGal October 3, 2017, 9:58 am
- Re: She - Jeremy Andrews October 4, 2017, 2:36 am
« Back to index | View thread »