SS W.S. FARISH was a tanker built in 1930 for Standard Shipping (part of the Standard Oil Company) by Federal Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company in Kearny, New Jersey, in 1930. She was renamed ESSO SOUTHAMPTON in 1950 and scrapped in 1958.
See: http://shipbuildinghistory.com/history/shipyards/1major/inactive/federal.htm and scroll to hull number 114.
See: http://www.aukevisser.nl/inter/id160.htm for a photograph and basic information.
See http://www.aukevisser.nl/inter/id666.htm and http://www.aukevisser.nl/inter/id1090.htm for additional information.
Ron Carlson, Webmaster
Armed Guard / Merchant Marine website